Welcome to the Team, McLain Ward!
by lisat | Sat, Mar 25, 2017
McLain Ward is an American show jumping competitor and Olympic champion. He has represented the US in 5 World Cups, 11 FEI World Cup Show Jumping Finals and numerous Nations Cup competitions. He is one of the most accomplished riders in the US, consistently at or near the top in World FEI rankings.
McLain has been recognized as a dominant competitor on the jumper circuit since his junior days In 1990, and at 14 years of age, Ward became the youngest rider ever to win both the USET Medal Finals and the USET Talent Derby. After graduating to the grand prix circuit, he wasted no time in making a name for himself, becoming the youngest rider to reach the $1 million mark in earnings.
- Competed in 2012 Olympic Games, London with Antares F
- Team Gold Medal, 2011 Pan American Games with Antares F
- Team Gold Medal, 2008 Olympic Games, Beijing with Sapphire
- Team Silver Medal, 2006 World Equestrian Games, Aachen, with Sapphire
- Team Gold Medal, 2004 Olympic Games, Athens with Sapphire
- Competed in 14 FEI World Cup Finals
- 13 Grand Prix victories in 1999 and became the youngest rider to pass the $1 million mark in Grand Prix winnings.
- 11 Grand Prix wins in 1998 and was named the Budweiser/AGA Rider of the Year
- Youngest rider to win the USEF Show Jumping Talent Derby, aged 14
- Youngest rider to win the USET Medal Finals, aged 14
- Team Gold Medal, North American Young Riders Championship, 1991
- Named American Grand Prix Association Rookie of the Year, 1991
We love our RevitaVet products here at Castle Hill, and all our horses (in and out of competition) use this great product. It allows us to administer a number of different therapy treatments, as we know we can use it on many different problem areas.
We like to use the PollCap and the HoofPads on them as we believe that they benefit greatly from these product. We also feel that it gives them the best and most comfortable start to any competition. The system helps the horses relax while grooming, tacking up and preparing them for the show ring. We highly recommend this product to anyone who has to treat a problem area on their horse, as the product helps the horse feel more relaxed and comfortable in preparation for any discipline of work.
Photo credit: Jennifer Wood Media